Part Time Physician
Part Time Physician- Omaha, NE
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for performing professional physician services and for performing required administrative duties. To ensure all staff practice Universal Precautions and are aware of emergency medical procedures to be followed in case of medical emergencies. Work is performed under operational supervision. To assume medical responsibility for the Clinic and to supervise all the medical services rendered to patients in the Medical Director's absence. To authorize and supervise dispensing of daily narcotic replacement therapy and other medication by medical staff in the Medical Director's absence. This may include working with Methadone Detox, Maintenance Program, Intensive Outpatient Program and/or Primary Care
Essential Job Functions:
- Will provide professional physician services under minimal supervision.
- Educates patients and their counselors on how to take prescribed medication and possible side effects.
- Performs maintenance of medical records for all patients.
- Maintains communication with outside medical practitioners regarding the narcotic replacement therapy programs, primary care programs or specific patient issues.
- Ensures compliance with BAART Programs' policies and other publicly funded programs and HMO contract protocols, as well as specific contractual obligations.
- Conducts peer review quarterly according to BAART Programs' policy.
- Complies with requirements for maintaining a valid professional license.
- Reviews discharges, dosing sheets, outside medical records, outside physical exams, treatment plans and dose changes of patients receiving narcotic replacement therapy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
The ability to communicate with a diverse population is essential. Problem solving and analytical abilities are also important to evaluate and treat clients. Drug rehabilitation training/knowledge is helpful. The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding patient medical records, laboratory results and demographic information and to communicate in English both orally and in writing is required. The incumbent must be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team. Attention to detail and good charting skills are also required.
Must be licensed in good standing to practice medicine as a physician in Omaha. Must have a current and valid DEA registration and may not, at any time, have had an application for registration with the DEA denied, had a DEA registration revoked or surrendered a DEA registration for cause. Must be able to provide comprehensive quality patient care and referrals. One year of primary care experience and substance abuse treatment experience preferred.